Virtual Maxwell Pro is a software-only version of the Maxwell Pro Network Emulator
Maxwell Pro has created imperfect, degraded network conditions, in the lab, for a wide variety of applications, ranging from the DARPA Robotics Finals to satellite emulation.
Maxwell Pro's unique contribution is the ability to introduce protocol impairments, not just packet impairments into the mix.
Maxwell Pro-V (virtualized Maxwell Pro) compliments the existing small package and rack mount configurations; it is available for the VMware vSphere Hypervisor® ESXi.
Why a Virtual Solution?
Traditional Dev/Test requires the provisioning, installation, and configuration of vendor hardware for testing complex environments and apps. For labs and test environments utilizing VM technology, the Maxwell-Pro-V Virtual Network Emulator significantly reduces provisioning and installation time. As a result, the product development and testing teams can focus on productive work as soon as possible.
VMware vSphere Hypervisor ESXi
The VMware vSphere ESXI is a virtual server. Maxwell-Pro-V runs on ESXi compatible hardware. Click to see the compatibility matrix.
- Deliver robust, high quality products and applications
- Accelerate time to market
- Eliminate guesswork and surprises
- Completely characterize your app’s network performance
Maxwell-Pro-V ships as a pre-configured Virtual Machine (VM). Just install the Maxwell Pro-V .ova file and start the VM; there is no additional configuration required.
The Maxwell-Pro-V virtual machine uses virtual or physical network interfaces:
- One is for connection to users, i.e. the typical developer lab or company network on which users run their desktop and laptop computers.
- The remainder are for KMAX packet traffic. These can be virtual or physical interfaces. However, no two should be on the same broadcast domain, which means that they can be any mix of VLANs and physical ethernets as long as the patch for the packets is through Maxwell Pro-V.
Integrate your testing through any test harness
Automate your Maxwell-Pro-V protocol testing with our APIs and command line interface. The documentation provides several examples.
Available Protocol Tests
Learn more about network protocol testing: What is automated network protocol testing?
Protocol test suites available for Maxwell-Pro-V:
Note: The SilverCreek SNMP Test Suite is available as a software application on Windows or Linux.
Additional Maxwell-Pro-V Information
Learn more about the WAN emulator for VMware by comparing it to our other products:
© 2019-2020 InterWorking Labs, Inc. dba IWL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.