Maxwell Pro Network Emulation and Protocol Testing
Confidently deploy network based applications and devices.
Reliably replicate real-world network conditions to optimize app and device performance before product release. Maxwell Pro emulates mobile, cloud and WAN networks, recreating all real-world adverse network conditions like network congestion, slow links, time outs, and other adverse network conditions.
Efficiently and accurately identify performance issues. Proactively address errors to ensure your customers have a solid experience when they get your hardware or software in their hands.
- Choose from pre-built test scenarios, or build your own!
- Inject any network, protocol, or packet level impairment
- Graphic, command line or script driven interface
- Fully programmable in C, C++, or Python
- Support for 10 GE (ten gig) interfaces
Find Problems Before Anyone Else
- Test, diagnose and remediate application performance in new releases by replicating the production network in the lab.
- Detect and track individual flows while remaining undetectable to other devices on the network.
- Intelligently test thousands of code paths, not just the most common paths, in a stateful manner.
- Simplify rigorous, repeatable, regression testing.
- Multiple flows and stateful operation.
Greater Granularity and Fidelity When Emulating Real-World Networks
- Discover problems earlier, fix them, and release higher-quality products and applications.
- Maxwell Pro's flexible, scriptable, programmable power enables an abundance of capabilities
- Simulate all network technologies and applications, including VoIP, video conferencing, SANs, wireless, mobile, VPN, and many more with Maxwell Pro.
Add Time-varying Impairments to your Emulation
Real world networks change their behavior over time. And so should your network emulation scenario.
- Create a network emulation that varies the impairment parameters over any time period
- Specify a time-varying expression for any metric, using equations, piecewise curves, or shaped pulses
We looked at a number of products, but selected Maxwell because of the ability to create custom impairments and custom filters. This is very useful in our testing environment.
—Engineering Manager, Thomson TechnologyProduct Brief
Monitor from Anywhere
Monitor your Maxwell Pro network emulation from a Chrome web browser on your tablet or desktop computer, with the MPtable and MPchart applications.
- MPtable provides a bird’s eye view of everything that is happening on the Maxwell Pro Network Emulator: Create tables, then expand the advanced tab to see metrics / statistics for all nodes in all flows. If a packet gets impairedanywhere in the network, you’ll see a change in the statistics, in real time.
- MPchart lets you drill down to see real-time graphs for a few selected statistics. Using linear or logarithmic axes, you can get a better sense of how metrics / impairments change over time. You can also display two metrics on the same graph to directly compare them.
We use Maxwell to filter and emulate BACnet/IP traffic in order to pinpoint issues and problems at our customer's sites. Using Maxwell has saved us hundreds of thousands of dollars in labor and equipment as we can faithfully emulate a customer site without re-creating the customer network.
—Test Manager, TraneSchedule a Demo
Test Multimedia G.1050
The ITU-T Recommendation G.1050 provides a standardized network model for evaluating multimedia transmission performance over the internet. Maxwell Pro’s G.1050 tests help product manufacturers verify proper device performance under a range of known, deployed network configurations including common network anomalies and impairments. Validate application performance and guarantee the success of your cloud-based initiative with pre-deployment testing.
With Maxwell Pro you can test:
- Storage in the cloud applications under limited bandwidth connections
- Audio interaction over the internet for gaming applications
- Multimedia devices containing video, voice streams & more
Compare IWL Network EmulatorsCompare Versions
Need More Technical Information?Product Brief
Maxwell Pro Vs. Brand XOverview
Understanding How Applications Perform on the Network — Even Under Adverse Network ConditionsRead More
Emulating Mobile/Cellular NetworksRead More
Rate Limitation vs. Bandwidth LimitationRead More
Causes and Correlation of Network ImpairmentsRead More
Limitations of ICMP Echo for network measurementRead More
Network Emulation Executive OverviewRead More
Counting Bits - Measuring Network Data RatesRead More
Performance Testing an IoT DeviceRead More
Network Emulation in the Lab vs. Real World Network TestingRead More
Five Best Practices to Avoid Data Center Relocation DisasterRead More
Is Network Latency Affecting Your Business' Cloud Performance?Read More