TCP Test Suite
Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) is a
communication standard that defines how to establish and maintain a
conversation between nodes so that applications can exchange data
over a network.
Engineers use the TCP Test Suite to find bugs
and security vulnerabilities in apps and devices before
Test Your TCP Implementation
Finding and fixing TCP bugs prior to
deployment assures secure, interoperable, high quality apps and
devices with fewer deployment failures -- avoiding costly recalls or
Ensure your TCP implementation is
sufficiently robust and not vulnerable to the wide range of attacks
in today's Internet.
Unique Test Cases
The TCP Test Suite contains unique
test cases that take on parameters for greater coverage. The tests
ensure TCP compliance through vulnerability and robustness testing,
with tests for both IPv4 and IPv6.
Customization and Flexibility
The Maxwell Pro TCP Test Suite can
provide you with the customization and flexibility you need to
accurately test your implementation and meet your schedules.
For your information: We
have now gone through all [the Maxwell TCP/IP] fragmentation tests
and our stack failed more then 50% of them. We have found 12
individual bugs in the stack so the Maxwell TCP/IP Test Suite
certainly does a good job :-).
--Swedish Aerospace Contractor
Testing TCP for Compliance and Robustness
The TCP/IP Test Suite operates on the Maxwell Pro platform, available in two configurations:
- Maxwell Pro-V operates on the VMware vSphere ESXi-- a virtual server. MaxPro-V runs on ESXi compatible hardware.
See the compatibility maxtrix.
The minimum hardware configuration for the VMware vSphere ESXi is:
- At least 40 gigabytes of free disk space, 4 CPU cores and 8 GB of memory
- ESXi 6.7 and above releases
- Three Ethernet interfaces are recommended, with a minimum of two.
- IWL provides Maxwell Pro as a complete packaged system -- including hardware, operating system, and Maxwell Pro TCP/IP Test Suite application.
TCP/IP Test Suite Programmability
Customize the TCP/IP Tests as follows:
- Use one of our existing tests as a base and make small modifications to tailor, as required. Custom tests can be added to the TCP/IP protocol test suites using the Python language.
- Control Maxwell Pro from a Python, Perl, Tcl, Java, shell script or another application using the Maxwell Control API Guide.
- Create a plugin in C or C++. Plugins are the mechanism for creating programs in the Maxwell environment.
ESP8266/NodeMCU TCP Test Reveals Issues
Testing The Autonomous Car
Should You Make Your Own TCP/IP Test Suite?
Are you allocating your test resources...
Network Protocol Testing overview
Testing your Device with the Maxwell Pro TCP/IP Test Suite
Using Maxwell to Test TCP Congestion Avoidance
Bufferbloat, TCP, IPv6 - Testing CEROWRT with Maxwell Pro