IWL, Inc., Scotts Valley, CA, creates products to help network engineers uncover performance and operational issues prior to deployment. Our family of network protocol test suites and network emulators eliminate guesswork so our clients can deploy products with confidence.
This position will be part of the product development team, responsible for a variety of functions:
- systems administration
- lab management
- quality assurance testing
- product demonstrations.
- Design and setup test beds and test automation infrastructure to exercise and test our network emulators and protocol test suites.
- Understand product requirement documents, engineering requirement specifications, customer lab, production scenarios and creating new feature test cases in a test management system
- Troubleshoot issues discovered logging defects in our JIRA defect tracking system and assisting internal teams in debugging issues reported by the customers.
- Handle Linux updates and security patches.
- Load and install applications software on target hardware. Test and verify software loads and functions properly to prepare systems for shipment. Improve existing scripts / documentation.
- Research and recommend new methods and technologies for improving our operations.
- Proficient in networking concepts and TCP/IP protocols. (Experience with other protocols, such as HTTP, DNS, DHCP. SSH, SMTP, is highly desired).
- Understanding of diagnostic tools such as Wireshark, ipconfig, traceroute, etc.
- Experience with GitHub, Docker, SVN/CVS, Jenkins, highly desirable.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands on experience with shell and Python scripting.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple assignments in a dynamic environment.
- Candidate must be self-driven and highly motivated.
No end user support, no on-call activities.
Work must be done on-site, not remotely.
As an EOE/AA employer, IWL, Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Send pdf resume in confidence to email@example.com or direct us to your webpage/website.