Your new app is finally done. You’re ready to release it.
- Will your app perform correctly under all network conditions?
- What’s the best way to test real-world network conditions – today or in the future?
Predefined Network Scenarios
- Point, click, and emulate your target environment.
- We did the math! We did the equations!
- We took care of the details.
- You can focus on your app or device.
Real world networks have long distance links, satellites, congested routers, firewall inspection, packet interception, hardware failures, and other outages. But the networks in most software development labs are too fast and too clean – not at all like the real Internet. You must test and verify application performance prior to deployment. A poorly performing app can erode user confidence and damage your reputation.
Assure success by emulating real-world network conditions in the lab, and subject the application to the full range of network conditions likely to occur.
Create a real-world network
in your test lab.
Control Network Conditions
The KMAX network emulator helps network engineers test and measure performance in order to identify and remove defects. Network emulators turn well behaved development and test networks into the kind of slow, congested, and less-than-reliable services encountered on the internet.
In addition, unlike the real internet, network emulators allow the operator to control these conditions so that products and apps can be subjected to controlled and repeatable tests, by routing selected packets through a series of impairment nodes.
- Deliver robust, high quality products and applications
- Accelerate time to market
- Eliminate guesswork and surprises
- Completely characterize your app’s network performance
State of the Art, Fully Intuitive User Interface
Use the KMAX Network Emulator from any web browser on a tablet or desktop. Use the Wizard to guide you through set up and operation. Point and click to select the scenario closest to your production environment. KMAX scenarios contain sets of network impairments -- drops, delay, jitter, etc. -- that may be fine tuned and adjusted to match your environment:
Select a pre-defined, network emulation scenario from our library -- more than 22 are available! Some examples include:
|Cross-Atlantic T1 ATM link||Cellular radio handoff|
|Low earth orbit satellite||VoIP: To remote office via WAN|
|Geosynchronous satellite||VoIP: multi-way conference over WiFi|
|Streaming media over satellite||Connection impairments|
|Periodic network downtime||Failover to backup servers|
Pre-built library scenarios feature intuitive controls that appear on top of an end-to-end diagram of the whole network, to provide a bird’s eye view. You can also add your own custom background diagram.
- Paperback size - If you require a small form factor package, then KMAX MM is right for you. With 10/100 Mbits/sec interfaces, KMAX MM can easily emulate VoIP, satellite, cloud, and WAN applications.
- Lunchbox size - KMAX G provides great value for those requiring 10/100/1000 Mbits/sec interfaces. If you need the "G", the one gigabit/sec interfaces, then KMAX G is your solution.
- Software-only version for VMware ESXi environments.