The World's Best Selling SNMP Test Suite
- Set up in less than fifteen minutes
- Choose Windows or Linux
- Customize tests via Wizards, Script Generators, and more
- Automate operation with unambiguous test results
- Integrate with other test harnesses and test tools
- Includes conformance, compliance, vulnerability, robustness, stress, and performance testing
- Investigate failures and quickly resolve them with powerful diagnostic and analysis tools
|SNMP Testing FAQ
||SNMP Tests -- Make vs Buy?
||Compare SNMP Agent Test Tools
|This FAQ addresses common questions about SNMP testing, examines alternative testing strategies, and illustrates important issues that make testing the SNMP protocol a unique proposition.
||This article examines what it would take to make your own SNMP Test Suite. Should you use open source and modify it? How about free attack tools? Do you have two years and $760,000?
||Find out what the expert learned using five of the available SNMP agent test tools. Not all of them found bugs! One reported false positives!
| READ MORE
|| READ MORE
|| READ MORE
Authoritative SNMP Test Suite
Whether your job is to find SNMP compliance problems or to fix them, the SilverCreek SNMP test suite is your most valuable ally. SilverCreek is a software product for design, quality assurance, and test engineers to find and fix bugs in their SNMP agent implementations. The SilverCreek SNMP software is so easy to use that anyone who can navigate a graphical user interface can quickly run a battery of individual, comprehensive tests.
The tests are designed to detect and diagnose implementation errors in private and standard MIBs as well as SNMPv1, v2c, and v3 stacks and implementations. Yet SilverCreek is so powerful, extensible, and flexible, power users can create the ideal solution for virtually any testing environment.
SilverCreek is the Authoritative SNMP Test Suite -- designed to test implementations of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP agents) and standard and private MIBs (Management Information Bases). SilverCreek incorporates thousands of small, single function tests written in the Tcl scripting language to exercise one or a small number of parameters. The syntactic tests verify protocol compliance, error and exception handling, and boundary condition behavior. The functionality tests (semantic tests) verify performance, trap/alert/event/notification handling, counter accuracy, security, and many other implementation specific areas.
SilverCreek's SNMP engine is written in C++. The testing interface is written in the interpretive Tcl/Tk scripting language. Users may modify or extend test scripts without programming.
What you need to know about SNMP compliance testing
Whether your job is to find SNMP bugs or to fix them, the SilverCreek series of SNMP test suites is your most valuable ally. It’s so easy to use, anyone who can navigate a graphical user interface can automatically run a battery of thousands of individual, comprehensive tests, designed with the help of Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) experts to detect and diagnose a broad spectrum of SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, and SNMPv3 problems. Yet, it’s so powerful, extensible, and flexible, power users who know their way around a command-line interface can create the ideal solution for virtually any testing environment.
Point and click testing with the power of SilverCreek
The SilverCreek series proves that a powerful SNMP test suite doesn’t have to be difficult to use. A graphical user interface (GUI) allows users to automatically run all SilverCreek tests and save the results by pointing and clicking. The GUI also harnesses the powerful Test Suite Manager to simplify test customization, organization, and management.
Using the SilverCreek management information base (MIB) browser is just as easy. Clicking on any leaf automatically launches the SNMP Command Tool, which allows users to view the contents of the agent’s object identifier (OID) tree and issue GETs and SETs. Because the MIB browser combines SNMP GET and NEXT requests on modified object identifiers, it discovers MIB branches in a manner that is more efficient, more thorough, and more accurate than the average MIB walk. Combined with the MIB Lookup Tool and support for private MIBs, the SilverCreek MIB Browser boosts productivity to new levels.
As official as can be
The SilverCreek SNMP Test Suite was developed and refined by InterWorking Labs, Inc. with the help of the Advisory Board
, comprised of key SNMP technology experts from the IETF. Three times per year, we attend the IETF meeting, comment on drafts in progress, and evaluate interoperability issues with other participants. The outcome of these meetings, as well as more than ten years of knowledge and experience gained working with leading SNMP authorities, is reflected in our products. So, you get the most accurate, credible, and comprehensive test suites possible.
SilverCreek - The Authoritative SNMP Test suite
All the tests and tools to find and fix bugs in your SNMP agent implementations and private MIBs. Tcl script source code is provided for the tests for easy customization and maximum flexibility for developers. Includes single CPU license, Developer's Guide and one year support. (Linux and Windows)
A rich toolset
For probing, sniffing, and inspecting individual objects, components or subsystems of your product's SNMP implementation, the toolset includes:
- a MIB browser that actively probes the agent for the true value of objects — Video 0:51
- a MIB compiler that allows you to add, compile, and automatically test your private MIB, or any IETF MIB — Video 2:26
- a Command Tool for issuing SNMP SET, GET, and GET-NEXT commands
- an ODBC (Open Data Base Connection) tool, a powerful way to process test results and generate reports.
- a Command Script Wizard to build complicated SNMP commands, generate and store requests as scripts and reload them. — Video 2:00
- a MIB Lookup Tool for quick and convenient access to information about a MIB object. Provides basic information such as descriptor name, OID, syntax, access, status, and index.
- a MIB Scope Tool to isolate a portion of the agent's objects to focus testing on a specific set of objects — Video 1:37
- a Trap Monitor to visually examine the contents of all traps
- a Trap Tester that works with the Trap Monitor to verify syntax, ordering, and correct indexing of the incoming event.
- a Command Line Interface that allows command line SNMP requests outside of the SilverCreek application
- a Packet Monitor that demonstrates the flow of traffic to an and from the agent under test in three output types: octet, pseudo-ASN.1, and/or summary. This facilitates debugging as all the low level traffic may be examined and analyzed.
- the Diffie-Hellman (DH) key ignition and key change test module validates support for DH key agreement (as specified in the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification).
SilverCreek is available on:
- Windows (Intel)
- Fedora (Linux)(Intel)
You will find these RFCs in the SilverCreek installation directory. For additional Standard IETF track MIBs, visit http://www.ietf.org/rfc.html
. RFC 1155
Simple Network Management Protocol, Version 1 Structure and Identification of Management Information, SNMPv1 RFC 1157
Simple Network Management Protocol, Version 1 RFC1213
Management Information Base II RFC 2790
Host Resources MIB RFC 1901
Introduction to Community-based SNMPv2 RFC 3416
Protocol Operations for SNMPv2 RFC 3417
Transport Mappings for SNMPv2 RFC 3418
Management Information Base for SNMPv2 RFC 1910
User-based Security Model for SNMPv2
SNMPv2 Management Information Base for the Internet Protocol using SMIv2 RFC 2012
SNMPv2 Management Information Base for the Transmission Control Protocol using SMIv2 RFC 2013
SNMPv2 Management Information Base for the User Datagram Protocol using SMIv2 RFC 2096
IP Forwarding Table MIB RFC 2863
The Interfaces Group MIB using SMIv2 RFC 3410
Introduction to Version 3 of the Internet-standard Network Management Framework RFC 3411
An Architecture for Describing SNMP Management Frameworks RFC 3412
Message Processing and Dispatching for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) RFC 3413
SNMP Applications RFC 3414
User-based Security Model (USM) for version 3 of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3) RFC 3415
View-based Access Control Model (VACM) for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) RFC 2571
An Architecture for Describing SNMP Management Frameworks RFC 2572
Message Processing and Dispatching for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) RFC 2573
SNMP Applications RFC 2574
User-based Security Model (USM) for version 3 of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3)
View-based Access Control Model (VACM) for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) RFC 2576
Coexistence between Version 1, Version 2, and Version 3 of the Internet-standard Network Management Framework. RFC 2578
Structure of Management Information Version 2 (SMIv2) RFC 2579
Textual Conventions for SMIv2
Conformance Statements for SMIv2
Definitions of Managed Objects for the Ethernet-like Interface Types RFC 2786
Diffie-Helman USM Key Management Information Base and Textual Convention
Want to know more about SilverCreek?