Contact Us
+1.831.460.7010

During the power-up sequence on some versions of Maxwell Pro the display of text suddenly (but temporarily) turns into strange, Cyrillic looking characters.  Several users have wondered about this.

Question:  (by Shamrock)  When I install a keyboard, video, and mouse to boot up Maxwell G to get DHCP to give it an IP address, I notice that some strange characters, that look like Russian (or some other garbage characters) appear on the screen. If I ignore  this, the Maxwell G boots up correctly, but what is causing it and is it a real problem?

Answer:  (Deepak N.)  There are two issues:

#1 During the boot-up sequence some strange characters are displayed on the video screen for a few seconds.

These are transient ? normal, correct video will resume within a few seconds. (The resumption of proper video operation may be masked if the video re-synchronization issue, described in the next section occurs.)

This issue is caused by a bug in the Linux kernel and its start-up scripts.

#2 Some video monitors have difficulty synchronizing with the video output of the Maxwell Pro and Maxwell G.

On some older video monitors the monitor loses synchronization with the Maxwell Pro or Maxwell G during the boot-up sequence.

Many monitors indicate this by constantly switching between input sources looking for a signal, other monitors display an indication saying that they can find no input signal.  This occurs mainly with older design flat-screen monitors.

This condition usually may be cleared by done any of the following:
-Power cycling the video monitor off then on.
-Using a button on the monitor to manually switch to an unused video source and then back to the source used by the Maxwell.